Welcome to Sir Martin Gilbert's website, a celebration of his life and his work, his passion, his philosophy, his favourite haunts, his humour and his humanity.
The official biographer of Winston Churchill and a leading historian on the Twentieth Century, Sir Martin is a scholar and an historian who, through his 88 books, has shown there is such a thing as “true history”.
- 2016 NWT WOMENS BILLABONG SEVENTY-THREE ALOHA CUTOUT SWIMSUIT 80 M pink
- B Collection Woman’s Skirt Size 8 Monkey Elephant Pattern Cotton Lined New
- Columbia Women's Kruser Ridge Ii Softshell - Choose SZ color
- FABIANA FILIPPI Womens Size L 46 Tapered Pull On Pants Beige NEW
- Freya Macrame AS4057 Classic Bikini Brief Tropical Punch (TRP) L CS
- J. Jill Floral Skirt M New
- Le Verseaublack Pants 683003 GreyｘBeige 38
- Marina One Shoulder Jumpsuit SZ 6 bluee 169)
- NEW NWT DOLLS KILL WHITE DENIM JEANS CUTOFF MINI SKIRT WHITE DISTRESSED RARE
- Free People Dress Size Small Women's Off Shoulder Spring Light bluee Embroidery Y
Photo: Sir Martin on the beach at Normandy, describing the invasion, May 2003. Photo © Bernie Pucker, with thanks to Liz Burgess. The Allied landing in 1944 might have ended in disaster. Winston Churchill thought he would be woken up to be told of massive casualties. G...
Free People Elastic Ruched Top Strapless Maxi Dress Leaf Floral Pattern Small SFree People Festival Sexy Fairy Romantic Pink Plum Floral Sequin Trim Dress 12Free People Floral Tank Dress LFree People Gidget Sweater Mini Dress Knit Ivory Ribbed Striped Choose Sz S or MRead more >>
Free Peope 'I Got You' Chevron Sleeveless Dress - MSRP 148.00
Photo: Sir Martin, describing the preparations for the Normandy Landings, May 2003. Photo © Bernie Pucker, with thanks to Liz Burgess. Patrick Kidd, in The Times on April 29,Free People ICE ICE BABY Pink Lemonade Beaded & Lace Dress Size XS writes of the tragedy of the Slapton Sands rehearsal for the D-Day landings:Read more >>
- FREE PEOPLE Ivory Beautiful Dreamer Lace Dress
Free People Knit Sweater Dress Size M
Photo: Martin and Max, consulting the map of their journey, June 2003 Max Arthur, OBE 25 February 1939 – 2 May 2019 It began at a cafe in Hampstead though by the time I got to know them, their friendship was already close. Two historians of the twentieth century, fo...Read more >>
Sir Martin's eBooks
Churchill: The Power of Words
Free People Maxi Dress Sz S Turquoise Brown Cold Shoulder Tie Front Tribal BohoFree People Morning Light printed Mini Dress Size 4 color Neutral Combo