Welcome to Sir Martin Gilbert's website, a celebration of his life and his work, his passion, his philosophy, his favourite haunts, his humour and his humanity.
The official biographer of Winston Churchill and a leading historian on the Twentieth Century, Sir Martin is a scholar and an historian who, through his 88 books, has shown there is such a thing as “true history”.
- 2016 NWT WOMENS BILLABONG SEVENTY-THREE ALOHA CUTOUT SWIMSUIT 80 M pink
- B Collection Woman’s Skirt Size 8 Monkey Elephant Pattern Cotton Lined New
- Columbia Women's Kruser Ridge Ii Softshell - Choose SZ color
- FABIANA FILIPPI Womens Size L 46 Tapered Pull On Pants Beige NEW
- Giorgio Armani Womens Silk Wool Blend Trouser Pants Side Zip Size 42
- Jil Sander Casual Workwear Pants Women's 38 Med Rise Straight Leg Pleated Tan
- LANVIN Skirts 210125 BeigeｘMulticolor 38
- Marni Size 42 Skirt EXP
- New RAG & BONE SKINNY LEATHER leg Woman Jeans SZ 31 in WINE LAMBSKIN
- Leggings Pop fit Womens Size Medium
Photo: Sir Martin on the beach at Normandy, describing the invasion, May 2003. Photo © Bernie Pucker, with thanks to Liz Burgess. The Allied landing in 1944 might have ended in disaster. Winston Churchill thought he would be woken up to be told of massive casualties. G...
Leifsdottir Anthropologie Purple Polka Dot Strapless Cotton Dress 12Leisureland Women Plush Coral Fleece Bath Robe Shawl Collar Lavender 47 Leith Womens White Midi Slip Dress Pleated Trim Elastic Waist Lined Sz XL NWTLeon Max Emerald color greenRead more >>
Laura Ashley Women’s Dress 100% Linen Sz 12 Solid Pink Midi Sleeveless
Photo: Sir Martin, describing the preparations for the Normandy Landings, May 2003. Photo © Bernie Pucker, with thanks to Liz Burgess. Patrick Kidd, in The Times on April 29,Leopard dress. Animal print size xs spandex writes of the tragedy of the Slapton Sands rehearsal for the D-Day landings:Read more >>
- Leota NWT Women's Sweetheart Dress Navy Robins Egg Small SM S
Lesley Evers Women's Dress Red Belted Stretch Medium Cap Sleeve
Photo: Martin and Max, consulting the map of their journey, June 2003 Max Arthur, OBE 25 February 1939 – 2 May 2019 It began at a cafe in Hampstead though by the time I got to know them, their friendship was already close. Two historians of the twentieth century, fo...Read more >>
Sir Martin's eBooks
Churchill: The Power of Words
Library Book Case Bodycon DressLight bluee Floral Cascade Ruffle Maxi Dress